Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Reality

Hello again!

My thanks for your patience during this last week--you brave & valiant folk who actually read these ramblings of mine... ;) I assure you, the week off was highly beneficial & I return to you all the better for it!

I have been struck over and over again by the realization that I live in a city--a beautiful and large city. and each time the realization brings an awe and delight with it that can hardly grasp. I love living here, getting to meet and talk to so many different people, seeing so many different places all within walking distance, adventure questing in a different direction every time--it's all so exciting!

And the theatre, I'm so happy to be involved in theatre in the acting capacity again! I know you tech friends of mine will sniff in scorn, but I can't help where my passions lie. Just know this: I will never forget the tech side of myself & of theatre... I plan to surprise the crew wherever I act ;)

God is good, life is delicious, my only speck of sorrow is that Boyfriend is so far away. This past week with him was bliss, but I sent him back on the train yesterday morning & feel like I've been ... well, I keep getting surprised by the realization that he's not here anymore. But life moves on, and the dance steps continue whilst the music reels away.

My latte today was extra chocolaty. I do like them like that. :)

I had an audition today for which I used a monologue from Jake's Women by Neil Simon. I was in a student-produced production of this show a few years ago--mine was the character of "Karen", the older sister who was at once the voice of reason & of comic relief. It was entertaining, being the comic relief--something I wasn't used to. I think the audition today went well, but I never am entirely certain when it comes to those things. I think the audition goes well but don't get called back--or I think I bombed the audition & get the part, that tends to be my history with predicting these things. After a while I quit trying. I feel like I honored the story and my teachers today, that's all I care for.

Sooo yeah...

I find that I'm dwelling a lot on what Boyfriend and I did while he was here (not THAT you dirty minds, get back up here in the gutter & out of the sewer!).

Wednesday: After work I went home & tried to focus on unpacking and straightening up until I could go pick him up at the train station. His train wasn't due to get in until 10:31 (oddly specific, I know), but I couldn't stand myself anymore & drove over there around 9:50. By the time his train got in I was pacing & ready to run somebody over if they tried to get in the way--but I promise no bystanders were harmed. ;)

Thursday we hung out, unpacked a few boxes, and with the help of a very dear cousin of mine we rearranged my furniture into some semblance of a living space. My bedroom no longer looks like a storage unit & I actually have a usable living room! After our efforts the three of us walked down to JimmyJohn's, ate dinner, and picked up a dozen eggs on the way home.

Friday: We made pancakes! Mind you, I hadn't found my real-person-sized frying pan yet (still haven't actually, I should get on that...), so we made them in my two mini-frying pans (thank you Auntie!!!). Mini-peach-buckwheat pancakes are awesome & between the two of us we demolished all 10. We spent the day lazing around, watching movies, and letting time slip by.

Saturday: I introduced Boyfriend to the very Boiler Room Coffee shop that I'm sitting in now & we enjoyed lunch... Afterwords we ran to the grocery store, picked up essentials, and made chili... well, he made chili...

Are ya bored yet? Sorry if ya are... ;P

Sunday we had lunch at the coffee shop again, then wandered over to the Sculpture gardens, meandered through Loring Park, and got thoroughly soaked when we got caught in the downpour of the afternoon. After we made it back home we recovered from the above-ground swimming session, then headed over to my good friend M's place. We passed a very delightful & often hysterical evening with her & A, playing canasta & bananagrams & generally enjoying the evening, the salsa, and the lemon bars. ;)

Monday we had lunch with one of my big brothers, and then didn't go to the Mall of America. No regrets about that though, we decided to order Caffrey's instead and just stay indoors.

Then the dreaded Tuesday came & I had to see my Boyfriend back to the train station. Now he's back in the land of Lincoln, and I'm wandering around trying not to dwell overmuch on who's not here, but rather on who is going to come again. Also, I'm terribly sorry, but I suck at remembering to take pictures! The only one I got all week was this:


;)

Anyhoo, that's all for now. I'm off to do laundry & unpack... more ... lots more unpacking... Who knew I had so much stuff?!

No comments:

Post a Comment