Friday, June 29, 2012

Lemon Poppyseed Muffins

They're soooo tasty! You should try some!

I have a question that has been bugging me lately, and it might sound like utter nonsense, but that's my brain for ya...

What would happen if I water my bamboo shoot with almond milk?

Would that provide extra nutrients? Would it thrive & start growing at a ferocious pace? Or would that be like plantish cannibalism? Would it die of mortification? Would that be too thick a substance for it to digest the nutrients from? I really am becoming consumed with curiosity about this--so much so that I am sorely tempted to try it, just to see what happens.

But I don't want to kill my bamboo... :(

I'm going to google the question, just to see if anyone else out there has ever had this question & posted it online...

So the first search result was "101 Ways to Prepare Matcha Tea, Matcha Green Tea Lattes, and..." followed by "You'll Never Buy Almond Milk in a Box Again!" and "Rapunzel's Adventures"...

Maybe I should re-word the question...

"Can bamboo be watered with almond milk?"  led me to an interview with the vegan police, "Cat grass is Kat grass" and other unrelated topics... But if I drop the almond out of the question now we're getting somewhere... (oddly enough...)

Huh, so watered-down cow's milk is apparently a decent fertilizer when used sparingly... I may hafta try almond milk just to see. My poor bamboo has been getting pale, and I think some extra nutrients could shake things up in a good way... hopefully... maybe? :S

Wow, that was quite the tangent...

Tonight I'm going to see a good friend of mine in a show called "Human Combat Chess", and yes, I'm so very excited about it! It's a chess game played between live people instead of with pieces--every time a space is contested there's a one-on-one battle that throws down. I'm very excited to be going & seeing Mer in this awesome-sounding show! If you're in the area, you should seriously come!

Yeah, that's my brief plug about what I'll be doing this evening... I'm really going to have to start jotting down the ideas I get throughout the day about "hey, that would be cool to write on your blog!".... Because I'm getting tired of making it here & finding myself with nothing to write about...

Last night I (finally) got around to setting up my coffee station! I don't have enough counterspace to hold more than the microwave, so I was at a loss as to what to do with my coffeepot until I epiphanized that I don't need to keep the coffee confined to the kitchen! So I proceeded to set up a small wheeled tray/table/thing with the coffee, pot, filters, mugs, spoon, and fixings, add a small chair next to said tablish contraption, and boom! It's a tight little coffee wayplace! :D I woke this morning, pushed the power button, took a shower, then I came out and enjoyed my very own coffee that I didn't have to pay for! Woot!!

Not if only I could manage that portable breakfast sammich, I might be able to stop paying Subway for morning sustenance... Alas, thus far my breakfast sammiches are very tasty, but also extremely messy. :S Maybe if I ditch the tomato... That might help... I'll try that for lunch today & see if it makes a difference...

Speaking of lunch, I'm actually getting rather hungry, so I believe I'll call this a post & see ya later. Bye all, enjoy the weather!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment