Thursday, June 7, 2012

The Boiler Room

The above title is the name of one of my new favorite haunts. It's a coffee shop, and it's a mere 2 blocks away from my new home. They have rice milk (yay lattes that won't kill me!!) and wifi... I think I'm a new regular! ;)

Also, that's right, my NEW home. My last blog post was in September of 2011, and quite a bit has happened since then.... I'll see if I can play catch-up for ya...

Since September of 2011:

My nanny job has run its course. I am no longer seeing to the wants & whims of Boychild & Girlchild. The many stories I found in that venue of employment are varied and hysterical, but I can honestly say I am glad to not have that job anymore. Don't get me wrong, it was fun/ny, and the kiddos had their moments of endearment, but they were two of the strangest children I have ever interacted with. Can you believe, they didn't like stories???? What kind of kid doesn't want to hear a story???? These two, that's who. :S I'm not making that up, the only time I ever managed to get them to listen to a whole story was when Boychild was being such a little jerkface that I had to hold him down just to get him to calm down. And even then he tried really hard not to listen... Weird kids...

Also in that time I stage managed my second professional theatre show. A Streetcar Named Desire was ... definitely a growing experience. I determined once and for all that no, I really and truly do not enjoy stage managing, even if I am awesome at it. I don't care if I can do it well, it's just not for me. So after the closing of that show (in which I worked with some truly spectacular & talented people!!) I resigned my Company Stage Manager position with Theatre Coup d'Etat in order that I might more actively pursue my passions of writing & acting. But if you can you should absolutely go see their coming show: Angels in America: Part I, it's going up this July!

Speaking of acting, there's a different theatre company called Green T Productions that I am in workshops with. We are learning about all kinds of Eastern theatre styles (kabuki, noh, and... flamenco... that's right!) in preparation for the upcoming production of The Hobbit. Auditions for that show are July 1st and I'm so excited! The premise of Green T is to retell classic Western plays with an Eastern twist, so in The Hobbit this would manifest itself with each race having its own unique Eastern style of movement. Also, plans for Smaug sound utterly phenomenal!!!! I'm sure I'll have more to tell about this later... ;)

Wow, that cold-press coffee really does have a lot of caffeine in it... my hands may be twitching a little bit as I'm trying to type... Note to self: maybe I should inquire after the decaf cold-press next time!!! Or drink it a little earlier in the day when I need that extra kick... It might take me a while to calm down!! I seem to be thinking in a lot of caps & exclamation marks, but I'll try not to allow that to influence my writing too much. ;)

Anyhoo, back to catching up...

I have a pretty regular dayjob now. I'm answering inbound sales calls for a pillow company. We sell the most comfortable pillow you could ever own & the last one you'll ever have to buy! ;) Turns out I'm a pretty amazing salesperson too, if I do say so myself... who knew? I'm looking for something a little closer, but this job will certainly do for now... lol, how many props have I said that about before? Now I have a do-fer job... ;)

And new home!! Last Friday I moved into my new apartment, I've been living there for a week, as of tomorrow, and I have loved every moment of it!! Mind you, I don't have much furniture yet--the majority of that will come on Saturday, my parents are kindly bringing it up from Illinois. My new place is a character-filled one-bedroom in a neighborhood in uptown. The building is older, and I have a clawfoot tub!! And my closet is big enough that I routinely open it to see if Narnia has moved into it yet... I'm on the third floor of a building with no elevator, so I'm excited about building up the endurance in my legs again. I keep getting flashbacks to all those classes I took on the fourth floor of the AC at Bethel... I'll be glad to reunite with my couch though :D

One more major event in my life since last I updated... I am no longer single. A new character has entered the cast of this production I call my life, and I shall refer to him from hereon out as Boyfriend. ;) You know who you are... lol. We had our first date on New Year's Eve, and are still going strong. The story is epic and I fully intend on writing the full version down... as soon as I find out what the rest of it is... It's been interesting, he lives in Illinois, and I'm committed to Minnesota for at least another year (the length of my lease), so it's been interesting. Of the over 5 months we've been together we've spent a total of 2 weeks in the same state... but in less than a week he'll be coming to visit me!!!!! I'm so very excited!!!!!! :D He's staying for a whole week, and every time I try to make plans for us to do stuff I get completely distracted by sheer excitement... I suck at pre-planning. But at least I'm pretty good at winging it. ;)

So yeah, as far as events in my own life are concerned, I think that's a relatively concise summary of what's been going on. If you have any desire to know more about something, let me know & I'll try to oblige. ;)

But for now I'm going to post this quick before something happens to dissuade me from doing so. See you all later!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment