Thursday, November 11, 2010

Post Number 31! Woot!!

So, life is delightfully sunshiny today. :)

It might help that the weather is warm enough for me to be comfortable in a t-shirt...
And my car is fixed & back & drivable...
And I'm going to see a show this Saturday... hehehe... :)

You know you love theatre when you're willing to drive 4 hours to see a couple of one acts... ;)

Okay, so it might be a little more than the show that's pulling me. Maybe. Possibly.

Did you know that November has another name amongst the writing community? It's also called NaNoWriMo, or National Novel Writing Month. The idea is that writers across the country (continent? world? idk) spend this one particular month dedicated to "pull[ing] that novel outta that sock drawer!" ("Title of Show" anyone?). The goal is to write 175 pages/50,000 words between November 1 & November 30. No editing allowed! Otherwise no writing happens, or not enough anyway.

The problem is that I remembered about it on the 8th... already a whole week behind!

And I still haven't started...

But hey, nothing ventured nothing gained! Let the noveling (that sounds slightly dirty... :\ sorry!) commence!

Also, something else might get in the way...

I sense a research paper brewing.

Do you realize the injustice of this? I thought my days of research papering were behind me!! I'm graduated, shouldn't I at least make it to a master's program before I start on that again?

Ah well, I'm actually getting the idea I'll enjoy this. I could just stop at researching the topic, and be content with just knowing the info... but where's the fun in that? I feel like I have to document the research I do... is that a symptom of having been in school for all my life? Does that impulse ever go away?

Oh right, the topic is New Atheism. Right now the book I've read is the one I spoke of earlier by Hitchins, but I'm still digging through that one & taking notes. There's a whole host of others I found on the subject... but still need to get my hands on.

As soon as I get any moneys, I'm off to B&N. Maybe I'll put them on my Christmas list... hehehe... I can see it now, asking my sisters for a copy of The God Delusion, that wouldn't raise any eyebrows... ;)

If I do write a paper, or a novel, or both, look forward to some excerpts being posted. In the meantime though, I ought to go home & file some of those loose papers... there's some info in there I need for a job application & I've been avoiding the task. Time to get off my bum & go do it.

Ta ta! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment