Saturday, November 20, 2010

"Death: the #1 killer in the USA... tell your friends" 117

So Lily the Felon's Daughter closed last night. It always seems like such a shame to me, so much work for 2 shows. Ah well.

Monty had a blue mustache. It was kind of hysterical. :) And no worries, nothing broke, and no one fell off the stage! I think it was our best show yet.

I just wish I could have fully appreciated the post-show "glow/high", whatever you want to call it. But I was... distracted... by some problems going on elsewhere that I was made aware of, but couldn't actually do anything about. For the sake of diplomacy, that's all I'm saying here, at least until I can speak to the people responsible & fix this.

Unfortunately that can't happen until tomorrow, and I keep getting wound up & angry over it. I had a bit of a meltdown this afternoon. Grrrbah. Mom & I talked about it, & we agreed that it would be best if I got over the angries today, so they won't interfere tomorrow. I tend to cry when I get angry, and that tends to make people stop seeing me as a rational adult & reduce me to the status of a 7-year-old. Darn my tear ducts! With knitting needles! ;)

But hey, Thanksgiving is this week! Woot! Church is having their feast tomorrow--and I do not use the term "feast" in jest, we really do serve it up in style--or at least in quantity! :D

Oh, & I found out that my being a writer may not be as much of a fluke as I formally thought it was... Apparently Dad was a bit of a writer once upon a time. :) I never would have guessed! Mom said her mum was too, but she only used her talent for scathing remarks to people... May that never be the sole use of my talents!

Today was my nephew's birthday party (one of them, it's tradition in my family for everyone to get at least three, usually with a different group each time), and we went to an arcadish place called "Jupiter's". It was fun... I mostly played Guitar Hero--I rock, by the way, Guitar Hero says so & it never lies. ;) It's so weird to think of the kid as being as old as he is, I remember--but I'm making myself feel older than I ought. Hehehe...

Well, my battery's dying, & I should skedaddle. Enjoy the cloudy days!

"Therapy is expensive. Popping bubblewrap is cheap. You choose."

No comments:

Post a Comment