Saturday, November 27, 2010

If you put on flip-flops you're saying, "Hope I don't get chased today!"

I don't actually wear flip-flops myself... I don't want to take the pain necessary to develop that callus between the two toes needed to wear them comfortably.

It's the day after Thanksgiving, does that mean it's the Christmas season yet? I can sing Christmas songs without getting yelled at now, right? :)

For those of you who actually went out shopping on Black Friday, you're crazy & I'll pray for you... ;) I confess, I was not one of the masses mobbing the shops today. I remained at home, where we didn't put up our Christmas tree yet. I'm not entirely sure why, I think the day just got away from us. Story of my life.

Hey guess what y'all--this blog now has (officially) THREE FOLLOWERS! That's right, shout out to the new follower, you are noticed & much loved! :) <3

I played cards today for the first time in a long while. Mum & Dad & I went over to my sister's again for dinner tonight (leftovers from yesterday remade into new wonderfulness), and my niece coaxed some of us into playing "Liar" (known to some as Bull-S@$*), but the mothers didn't like us calling each other liars, so we yelled "poppycock!" instead... :)

Which, incidentally, sounds a lot like what we had for dinner. Have you ever had poppakosh? I have no idea if that's how it's spelled, but my sister's friend (the chef tonight) said that it's spelled as it sounds, & that's how it sounded to me... It's a Polish dish, made from shredded turkey/chicken, and a dumplingesque noodle, with a reddish sauce that has sour cream in it--unless you're me or my dad, in which case it's just a reddish sauce. I found it rather bland, but still very palatable.

Also, my Mum amuses me a lot sometimes. She has this computer game she likes playing anytime she gets a spare moment with the laptop (theirs, not mine); it's called Zuma, perhaps you've heard of it? In any case, she plays it enough that she's taken to trying to beat her own high scores. After one level she was so proud of the score she got that she took a picture of the screen with her cell phone & had to show it to me later that day. I admit, she showed it to me & at first I said "what am I looking for?" Then she told me what it was & all I could do was shake my head at her.

I wanted to make a random comment about what people say about my generation & technology... but I appear to have reached that hour when typing becomes more difficult & thoughts cease to appear in word form. So, I think I'll sign off here.

Sweet dreams all!

2 comments:

  1. In response to the title, fortunately, flip-flops can easily be kicked off when you begin running.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true, but if you're running on black-top in hot weather or small rocks or prickly plants you'd best have thick soles just in case! :)

    ReplyDelete