Tuesday, April 9, 2013

My Sandal Broke :(

I'm so glad the warm weather is here so I don't have to wear shoes so much anymore!! I tripped over my feet on my lunch break today and yanked the strap on my (dress) sandal right out of the shoe itself. Mer. I now have no dress sandals... again... until I can get the superglue after these. :) On the upside, I spent my lunch break outside barefoot. :D

#3 Things I Love About My Husband: He tolerates my glitter. I'm not usually an overly-feminine girl, a "girly-girl" if you will--but I do delight in things that shine &/or glitter. I've been told that shopping with me is like shopping with a magpie, a butterfly, and a cat (I've also been compared to all of the above, but on crack). Husband, poor man, thinks of glitter as "the herpes of craft supplies"... it is very much to his chagrin that he finds himself living with someone who--for all intents and purposes--secretes glitter through her pores. But he has graciously risen to the occasion, embracing the shiny and accepting his fate. He has even gone so far as to give me gifts of glitter, knowing that it would end up on him!
His ... I don't even know a word for what I see in him! It's a mixture of so many good things: patience, endurance, fortitude, tranquility, acceptance, serenity, all liberally dosed in love. His strength shines through in every exasperated smile he gives me when he finds another piece of glitter in an unlikely location. His long-suffering is manifest every time he leaves the shiny where he found it. He is a manly man of God, and I love that about him.

So life. Life is good right now, there's a lot to do, but I think that's pretty normal. Life isn't so hectic that I feel as thought I'm running myself into the ground, but neither is it so slow that I'm driving myself crazy in trying to come up with stuff to do. There's still a lot of unpacking to do... I came to the startling realization yesterday that moving in with Husband was my 4th move in 1 year! I'm not complaining though, it has been a fantastic year, and I wouldn't trade it in for anything. So much has been accomplished in one year, it's crazy! I'm excited to see what the next one brings. :D

Maybe tomorrow I'll make a list of "102 Crazy Things That Happened in the Last Year"... That could be interesting...

But for now, Story Time!! Whoohoo! :D

~*~

T'Fen just laughed at the Woman's agitation. The flaming bird flew closer to the rooftop they perched upon.

"No really," she insisted. "How are we supposed to ride that without burning blacker than every dinner my ma ever made?"

Eyes twinkling with laughter, T'fen tossed her a length of rope. "Tie that end into a sling y'can sit in, then toss me th'other end."

"Right, because a rope will surely burn less than we will!" Her sarcasm made the the man's eyes roll.

"Rope blessed against fire will surely not burn at all--now tie that rope about ya!"

Her eyebrows raised, the Woman hastened to do as bid, then tossed the rope to T'fen. He was similarly outfitted in a sling, and snatched at the end of her rope to tie it off to his. As the Phoenix flew near to their tower, T'fen tossed the rope at the bird, who swooped to pluck it out of the air. It screamed its success to the fortress below, and soared up, pumping its wings to gain altitude.

"You'll have to tell me that story when we get back," the Woman said as they stood, watching the slack running out of their ropes.

"What story?"

"How you manages to afford a Phoenix and get your hands on blessed rope."

T'fen shrugged, just as they lifted off the roof. "'Twas cheaper than getting a dragon."

No comments:

Post a Comment