Friday, April 5, 2013

The Last of the 2 digit Posts

With post #99 I'm starting something new. I'm going to post 1 things I love about my husband (I have a husband guys! How weirdly awesome is that?!). Only 1 at a time, but I want to practice loving on him in a more public way than I usually show affection. Call me weird, but I love him, and I want to brag on him, because he's just that awesome. :) Be prepared, some will be deep, some shallow, and some will just be out-there... because that's just who we are.

So, here's to new traditions!

I love that sparkle in his eye that appears whenever he sees an opportunity for fun to be had. A new idea for a joke, a new place to explore, a new story to hear or be told--all of these things bring a spark into his eyes that tell me he's thinking of something that I absolutely want in on! I love seeing that twinkle light up his countenance. :)

With Post 99 I would also like to continue that snippet I started yesterday... Anyone else want to come along for the ride? ;)

~*~

The Woman allowed herself a slight smile as she felt the dust trickle onto her petite nose; otherwise she continued in her unmoving vigil. The only thing the guards looking in on her saw was her unsettling gaze at the floor.

No one bothered looking up.

The day passed, and with it the light died out and plunged the tower cell into darkness. Still the Woman stood. The guards outside her door chatted amiably about the extra shift on duty in the stairway of the tower; slowly their conversation died out as they nodded.

When all was silent in the tower the Woman at last looked up, just in time to see a section of the ceiling being pulled away to reveal the starlight of the night sky. A thin rope slithered through the hole, and a figure slithered down after it to land next to the Woman.

"What's this, still in chains? You're s'posed to be ready to go!"

The Woman laughed quietly at the confusion of the Man who had just entered her cell. Shaking her wrists quietly, she caught the manacles as they fell and lowered them to the ground without letting a noise escape them.

"I am ready."

No comments:

Post a Comment