Saturday, September 18, 2010

Seattle's Best

It's the name of the coffee brand I'm drinking at the moment...

So I'm here! Visiting Bethel, and I've had so much fun since coming here... but something is ... different. It's not home anymore, I don't belong here anymore. It's odd, because I didn't realize that until I got here. I ended up in chapel Wednesday night (it's where the people were), when it hit me--this is not home, this is not my place, I don't belong here.

That's not to say that it doesn't still feel very comfortable, but it's ... well, different.

This happened once before that I remember. In Texas I had put down roots, I threw myself into living there with a gusto that I rarely threw into one particular place. After we moved to Illinois I went back to visit Texas & got the same strange sensation. Everyone welcomed me home, but it wasn't home anymore.

Not that Illinois was home--it never really has been, & I doubt it ever will be. But Texas--and now Bethel--isn't home. It just kind of emphasizes the point that no where in this world is my home, I look to another, better place as the place where I belong.

On a completely unrelated note, I HAVE PICTURES!!! The photographer for my senior show has gotten the pictures to me! Huzzah!! I confess, I was rather irritated (to put it mildly) with how long it took & how many times the actual meeting me to hand over the pictures took... but I found that the photographer was very difficult to be angry with in person. Plus, he greatly appeased me by giving a large discount. :)

Next time, I will have a written contract.

Anyhoo, hafta run. People to see, places to go, things to do. I may attempt a blow-by-blow account of this trip later--if I remember all the blows--but for now I'm off to enjoy it. :)

Fairfarren!

1 comment: