Thursday, September 2, 2010

Begining Anew

Wow, it's been awhile.

I started this blog out of boredom, I confess. Yes, I was one of those useless people who thought "I should blog about my life". Then I realized that life cannot actually be shared unless I am willing to be open about it. I can't share anything worthwhile unless I'm willing to bare my soul.

I read a book recently called "Flashbang". In it the author talks about how most Christians are just flashbangs: all bright lights, loud noises, and scariness--but leaving no impact. In order to really leave evidence of our presence behind we have to be willing to do more than share personal anecdotes, I have to be willing to be vulnerable when called upon.

Am I going to do that here? Absolutely not. Well, okay, maybe to an extent. But let's be honest: I don't have time to sit here typing every little thing that happens, and such vulnerability as that would be exhausting! No one would read that!

Not that anyone reads this anyway... but that's my own doing. Perhaps I'll tell people about this blog... but not today. Today is simply saying hello to a long-abandoned facet of creativity. Today I just write for the sake of writing, because I am a writer.

So, on that note, I say hello again! And now I have to leave, so...

Goodbye, for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment