Friday, October 22, 2010

Kids & Hot Chocolate

I'm slightly terrified at this very moment.

Okay, so that might be a bit of an overstatement... terrified is probably too strong a word for this, apprehensive maybe would fit better... but regardless, this evening kind of fills me with a feeling approaching fear.

I may be losing my voice.

I'm about to direct 20 children in a musical rehearsal.

Bah.

I've been doing so well at denying any possibility that I might be sick, then I woke up yesterday with a raging headache that lasted all day & the kind of sticky awfulness in the throat that makes you really not want to swallow. (Get your minds out of the gutter, you dirty people!!) But I persevered & made it through rehearsal last night--as an actor.

Now I have to direct. Heaven, help me!

Not that I don't love these kids, they are wonderful people. But only one or two of them is ever quiet for any significant length of time.

But I'm well-armed with my mug of hot chocolate (made with almond milk, so no gumming up the throat :), my death-glare, and my counting fingers. With these weapons I intend to quell the chattering hoards (is that spelled correctly? I don't even care right now), and make it home victorious to chicken broth in some form & tea... I like tea, with honey, yes, lots of honey...

I hate being sick. It makes me whiny & I really detest myself when I'm whiny. :P

Yep. That's life at the moment. There's so much that needs to get done, but if you think I'm a bit scatterbrained when I'm well you should see what this head is like when it's not feeling well. Whew! Good luck deciphering whatever's going on in here, I don't want to try...

But looks like people are showing up for rehearsal, so I hafta go. Later!

Watch out for the cats, they're trying to take over the world you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment