Friday, October 8, 2010

I love my t-shirts

My apologies for not writing in a while... I've been kind of... well, not writing. So there.

Not that I haven't been thinking. I've been doing a lot of that lately. On Wedensday my parents & I undertook a 20 hour road-trip. I slept for less than half of it, & spent the rest of it not reading or writing or anything else, just thinking.

But what has it led to? What have I to show for it? 10ish hours of thought... but what did I think of?

Heck if I can remember. For the last hour I think it was something along the lines of "so tired of being in a car let me stretch!!!" But anyhoo...

I wished a lot, I rememer that. I still do, but that's beside the point.

Like right now, I wish I felt like writing more than random strings of nonsense... 

I've had a lot to think about today too. Coming back to Texas has always felt a bit odd to me--I used to live here, & it's the first place we've come back to visit after moving away. When we drove back yesterday I was a bit torn between "this all feels so familiar & wonderful" and "holy cow I don't recognize ANYTHING!"

But I'm remembering. My Aunt K. & Uncle D. took us to what used to be my favorite restaurant while I lived here--the Adobe. So much had changed, but the enchiladas were still amazing, and so were the beans & rice. The menu was a lot smaller though, much of the spanish was gone & it was in mainly English (as much as is possible for a Mexican restaurant).

I had fun with my family today too. It's been years since I've seen these people--and catching up felt... well, it felt good. It's always a good time to see my Dad hang out with his brothers--they're so funny!

So yeah, I'm here in the Sunny South with family for a while... until the 20 hour car ride on Monday.

Woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment