Friday, January 7, 2011

"Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted." --John Lennon

So much has happened since I last posted, where do I even begin? Let's see, the last time I checked in was December 13, and today is January 7. Wow. Well, forget trying to catch up (who cares anyway, yeah? :D), let's just write what I'm thinking now & go from there as usual, hm?

I'm not really the type to make resolutions at the beginning of a New Year. The practice seems worn-out, overdone, cliche, and pointless--who remembers in September what they resolved to do in January? Some do, I'm sure, but I've never been the type who would remember. Besides, every new day, every new moment is a chance to begin again--so why wait till the beginning of a new year?

All the same, when I look back on 2010 I am very deeply disappointed in where I am at the beginning of 2011, and at where I'm not. The title of this post is oddly fitting, I get the feeling that I wasted much of 2010--truly wasted it, because it wasn't even enjoyed while it was being wasted.

2011 has begun, and I'm jobless, moneyless, and--if not for the blessings of cyberspace & the connections with out-of-state college pals!--friendless. I'm sitting here in Borders typing this post, and the temptation to wallow in loneliness is very acute. But I did enough of that in 2010 I think, and am resolved to do so no more.

So there are some things that have come about from this new beginning. I know it's a man-made marking of the passage of time, but I am human & live in the dimension of time so I mark its passage--deal with it. :P

When I look back at 2011 I want to be able to say that it was the best year of my life thus far. There's a lot that I'm going to need to do in order to effect such a happening, but so be it. May it never be said of me that I sat by & let life go on without me.

In other news, I've officially directed my first musical, Christmas was a grand affair, the holidays went by with only one or two minor tantrums (oddly enough not from the children...), I now am the safer new owner of two snow-tires on my car, Russia is often on my mind, and I'm trying a new church this Sunday!

Have a great day kids, & throw a snow-ball at someone!

No comments:

Post a Comment