Monday, January 24, 2011

On a Scale of One to Crazy, I'm a Penguin

Hello again my friends! It's been far too long! :)

So life lately has been rather interesting, and good. Lots of good.

Here I sit at the library, with only a short space of time in which to write, but I've been wanting to sit here and write for so long. The sad thing is that there are so many stories running around in here that I almost don't know where to start--but that's the brilliant thing about a blog, don't you think? With a blog, the writer just begins with where they are and ends when they need to.

Speaking of beginning where I am, did you know that the answer to life, the universe, and everything is NOT 42, contrary to Douglas Adams? It's true, a friend of mine & I actually did scientific research & discovered that the answer is ACTUALLY platypus.

No really, I'm not kidding.

So if I appear to be a bit random & scatterbrained today, it's most likely because I am. That's what happens when I:
1) Am coming down with a cold
2) Woke up at 6:30am
3) Have taken Dayquil &
4) Am pretty happy for no apparent reason.

Did I mention that it's warmer outside today? Okay, maybe that's the fever talking (Mum said I don't have one, but I can't help but think I do), but it really seemed pretty balmy outside--aside from the snow on the ground... I actually went out without an overcoat on & didn't freeze! It's a miracle! It's a spring!

And I saw a whole flock of robins this morning!!

'Kay, all these exclamation points get old fast.

I went back & reread some of my old journals the other day & was slightly surprised at how much I knew then that I'd forgotten. Especially when it came to Spanish! there were more than one page on which I realized I only understood about half of what I'd written! That felt a bit odd... I know I wrote that & knew what I was writing at the time, but for the life of me I cannae understand a whit of it now.

Yep, forgotten wisdom. That's why it's good to remember where I've been brought from & to & all that.

But I hafta go now. More on other stuff later. Props to ya for reading all this, by the by. Go have a great day, and build a snowman!!

No comments:

Post a Comment