Tuesday, March 24, 2009

More Ramblings Late at Night... er... Early in the Morning

This has the feel of something that could develop into a habit... Coming home after rehearsal & unwinding with the blog... hmm...

It's an interesting thing, this "blog"... I sit myself down at a computer screen with no other intent than to share my thoughts, my inmost process, with anyone who chances by. How often would I usually do this? In everyday life, when would this happen?

But, what would the word be like if it did? What if, instead of wearing masks with each other, of showing other people the person I think they want to see, what if I were to turn to each person that walked by & offer an untainted bit of my soul? If I were to show each person I encounter my true heart of hearts? How different would my daily interaction be!

Maybe that is what it looks like, to truly Love others--that fearless offering of oneself without regard to what might happen to that self that has been offered. After all, true Godly love is supposed to cast out all fear, it makes sense that it might be a bit reckless with its affection. Wasn't Christ? How much of Himself He exposed for the world to see--putting His heart on display. And not just through dying on the cross, but through His entire life, He was genuine in ways that surpass understanding. How can I live like that?

How can I not? Is it really to be deemed living if I don't? If I tiptoe through life, pretending to some identity that doesn't belong to me?

Not the kind of life I want. I want the Abundant Life brought about by Love! Somehow I think we Christians have misplaced the meanings of those two phenomena: Life and Love. We think that Life is something we have to endure until we make it through to the next world. But I don't think that's how we were meant to live...

God made this world too, didn't He?

Bedtime! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment