Monday, March 23, 2009

First-time Ramblings at 12:30am

Yeah, so I've never had a blog before, this is kinda interesting...

I always feel terrible when I get to this point--which is probably why I've never had a blog before, come to think of it... I can think of so many fun things to write about, until I get up to the point of actually writing. Then I sit, staring at the blank screen, and all of the wonderful stories, anecdotes, sayings, witticisms, etc. are gone from my mind & I am left with the increasing sense of ... blankness.

You know that feeling? The frantic scrambling in your head, that search that always comes up empty-handed? The dull buzzing that leaves you feeling terribly Not-Clever?

So yeah, I finally got tired of it, & decided I would write about SOMETHING, even if that something was just how terribly not-like-writing I'm feeling.

There! Hopefully that first sense of "I can't really do this because I don't know how & have never done it before" is out of my system & we can settle down to actually writing something worth reading... hmmm?

Next time. For now, it's going to be an early day tomorrow, & sleep is somewhat necessary to the proper function of a follow-spot operator... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment