Thursday, November 14, 2013

Faith

Sunshine.
What a beautiful memory,
Blue skies and
Sunshine.
Warm breezes,
Gentle rains
Caressing my upturned face.
Above it all rides the
Sunshine.

Sunshine.
In the winter
It's just a memory,
Relegated to days gone by.
Sunshine
Seems to be no more.
Skies are steely grey
And cold
And I cannot see the
Sunshine.

Sunshine,
It has all fled away,
Chased away
By the driven sleet
And snow.
Sunshine
Beyond my sight
And beyond the feel
Of my upturned face
Burned by frost, wishing for
Sunshine.

Sunshine.
Beyond the bricks,
Beyond these walls,
Behind the clouds,
I know it's somewhere
Out there.
Sunshine.
Through windows I don't have
I imagine I could see,
Clouds that could be pierced
By fiercely joyful
Sunshine.

Sunshine
Will come again.
Perhaps not today,
Perhaps not even tomorrow,
The clouds will be grey,
and the walls will hold fast,
But someday I will see
Sunshine.
I will wait,
Patient, or not,
Chilled to the bone,
But my heart will look forward to
Sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment