Friday, October 18, 2013

November is Coming!

There is an event coming next month that I have been hearing about for years, but have never participated in.

NaNoWriMo
aka: National Novel Writing Month

The idea is that during the month of November I would take one of the myriad of story ideas whirling around in this brain and put pen to paper--committing 50,000 words to paper (or computer, whatever) over the course of 30 days & 30 nights. These words don't have to be edited (thank goodness!!), and they don't have to be the full story, but all 50,000 have to be written over the course of the month of November.

And you thought not shaving was a challenge. :P

It sounds amazing, terrifying, and exhilarating all at once. There is a website to sign up at, to feel supported by others in the writing community, to cheer each other on, read excerpts of each others work, etc. You can find the event pretty easily with a web search if you don't already know about it. :)

This year, this year I think I shall attempt this feat of authorship.
one thing is for sure, it will encourage me to post on here more often! I will put updates & snippets of story, as well as stories about writing up here... if I remember...

SO yeah, will you be participating in NaNoWriMo?
Happy writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment