Thursday, December 12, 2013

Something is better than Nothing... ?

I am trying to write every day--or at least on most days--but on some days it is immensely harder than on others.
On some days the stories flow, the thoughts pour out, and my heart is open and singing.
On others, today, the silence is ... disheartening.
On those days, the reasons not to write sound extremely compelling, and it's tempting to just ignore the discipline altogether.
On those days it is hard to string two words together, and all I want to put up here is a fun little message to the world to just bugger off and leave me alone.
On these days I want to run far & run fast away from... myself.

Somewhere along the way I got this notion in my head that problems are localized to the place they occur in, that if you leave that place the problems will get left behind.
In my head I know that this is false, but in my gut? In the core of my being? I still think if I change my address I will leave the old problems behind and get to deal with new ones.

Being an Army brat does weird things to a person's psyche.

But it doesn't work that way when the problem is me, and that's a fact I have had a hard time coming to terms with.
So I get to write about that. Not very interesting, not new, not terribly positive, but it's all my mind is stringing together at the moment. Rather than writing nothing, I will write this something, and hope for more at another time.

"You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great."
~Les Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment