Thursday, February 17, 2011

"Act well your part, there all the honor lies."

~Alexander Pope

There is sunshine outside today, and I felt perfectly comfortable in a t-shirt! (Plague on those red squiggly lines, they are such a concentration breaker!!) I love warmth, but the skeptic within keeps sneering at the gleeful five-year-old and reminding me that it's only February, snow will yet return. :P That's alright though, the five-year-old is still excited, it's hard to dampen that.

But enough about the weather...

Life, how's it been going lately? Hmmm... well... There was that uber-exciting trip to Indiana to see the Bethel production of Cinderella, and to see all the friends that were there, and the road-trip part of it...

Hmm... this blogging seems to be rather unproductive. I don't know how I can have gone on such a magnificent trip and come back with so little to write here about, but maybe it has something to do with all the other ideas running around in my head. No worries though, I'll leave you with something, if not something interesting. Then I'm off to write fiction--pure, unadulterated (why do writers use that particular word there so often I wonder?) fiction.

I've written about love, have I told you about joy?

Joy is the winter that eventually ends.
Joy is the starlight in the present black.
Joy is a friend, miles away,
That wishes you never had to leave,
But loving you all the same.
Joy is memories fondly recalled,
And the hope of new ones to come.
Joy is strong enough to stand in the darkness,
And free enough to break any chain.
Joy is sunlight remembered and hoped for.
Joy is friendship, past and future.
Joy is in the moment, forgetting sorrow and fear.
Joy inspires in spite of the drought.
Joy smiles at love, and laughs at doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment